Thursday, September 7, 2017

A Hurricane is Coming Toward Us in Florida

I've lived through 3 hurricanes in my life and still remember the first one, when I was 6 years old.

As a kid, I loved the excitement of a hurricane coming. The family, including cousins would all get together for what I then thought was a party! We would choose the house that seemed the safest and got together for the storm. I particularly liked when the lights went out and the house was full of candles, since there wasn't any electricity in the house!

My cousin's and I all would all sleep on mattresses on the floor and giggle with excitement. Of course for me, I thought it was a big party! I particularly liked the day after, because all the trees in the back yard had fallen and us kids would have a ball, climbing on the fallen branches...

As an adult, I still feel the excitement, but now I'm cautious and know that it's not a party and that you can get hurt!

I hope all the citizens near the storm, will be well prepared for the hurricanes that are coming our way and protect themselves accordingly!

No comments:

Blog Archive