Thursday, June 15, 2017

Getting Hooked on my Ancestry.com

A few weeks ago, I decided to add my name to Ancestry.com. Ever since then, I got hooked and am always trying to find a new ancestor!

Beware, the Ancestry.com website is addictive. You find one ancestor and you are hooked for life! If you are interested in finding your ancestors, there's plenty of info to guide you through it. It's more interesting than facebook and way more exciting!

What do you need to do to start, you might ask? First of all, you need to contact their website: https://www.ancestry.com/. Then, simply pay with a credit card and wait for their package to come. The package can take from 4 to 6 weeks. When you receive the package, it comes with a tube that you have to spit into, many times, THEY WANT A LOT OF SPIT!!! Then you send the box back to them and wait... and wait... Eventually it will show up at your front porch or mailbox. I waited 10 weeks to get my results. But it was worth it!

First, you build your family tree and follow with your ancestor's tree! Eventually you will search for people you didn't know were your ancestors and the tree grows and grows. I even crashed with one of my cousins that is also an Ancestry.com fan!

I'm still exploring for family and probably will keep exploring for more... FYI, Ancestry can be addictive, but it's worth it!

No comments:

Blog Archive